Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 2 - Plyometrics

SORE!!!!  That's how I woke up this morning....it's that "good" sore though, the kind that shows you've accomplished something.  I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm at 194.5...down 4.5 lbs. in two days.    Yesterday, like all Tuesdays and Thursdays on P90X, was a cardio based workout: Plyometrics. Plyometrics is basically jump-training, using jumping motions and leg focused balance exercises to get a great leg workout and a killer cardio workout. Honestly, this is one of the hardest workouts I've ever completed.  I barely survived the workout - this one really makes your joints hurt no matter how softly you land from the jumps.  I was drenched in sweat by the end, but it was definitely worth it.  Overall, it was a great workout and I am proud of myself.  To add to my calorie-burning efforts I played racquetball.  My menu for the day was:

Breakfast: Homemade Smoothie (1 cup frozen berry medley, 8 oz. skim milk, 4 oz. non-fat yogurt, 1 scoop of Body Fortress Protein, 1 scoop of Muscadine Grape Powder all blended in my handy Magic Bullet) - 30g protein, 200 cal
Snack: Pure Protein Bar - 20g protein, 200 cal
Lunch: P90X Turkey Chili with peppers, onions, beans, and tomatoes and 1 cup steamed veggies
Snack: 1/4 cup raisins, 15 almonds
Dinner: Southwest Chargrilled Salad with Lowfat Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
Snack: Dreyers Frozen Strawberry Bar
Post-Workout: Body Fortress Protein Shake - 26g protein, 105 cal

Total Calories:1,465
Calories burned from P90X: 600
Calories burned from Racquetball: 300
Net: 565

Up next is Shoulders and Arms!

2 comments: